• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Foodman - A man with no plan...sort of

FoodMan

I just found leg of lamb for $1.99 a pound, a steal in this area, so I'm forcasting Elie's recipe for Lebanese Beans and Rice in my very near future. Thanks so much for sharing!

do let us know how the beans turn out if you make it anytime soon.

I just had a slice of sweet potato pie courtesy of a coworker of mine. She makes them regularly and brings some with her all the time.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

I have some chuck in the freezer as well...I know what will be on the menu next week :biggrin:.

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

Last meal in this blog:

Monday is typically leftover night. Tonight was no different, we had leftover beans and rice, as well as one whole pesto pizza from Saturday.

This means I had some time to make dessert, Baklawa (baklava).

i10557.jpg

i10558.jpg

i10559.jpg

It's been fun being the blogger this week and I hope it was to you.

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Oh my goodness. Elie, that baklava is a tribute to your cooking prowess. Thank you so much for your blog. What a journey. :biggrin:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Elie, I am sorry I was out of town while you were doing your blog -- Lebanon represents!

I remember wasting entire afternoons at my cousin's house over plates of those toasted cheese sandwiches and pots of very sweet black tea. A culinary match made in heaven, and still my favorite comfort food. Nice job with the blog!