• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Online baking pans

aidensnd2

JB Prince carries an excelent selection and has generally reasonable prices for the quality.

Design and Realisation (in Canada) has a somewhat smaller selection, but lower prices on some items. Plus they can custom manufacture some things such as cake rings. They carry the Flexipan brand molds, but I actually prefer the Silicone Flex molds for several reasons, and they're much cheaper.

I ordered some from the Canadian firm. The only problem I had was that they say on the site they will calculate shipping costs and let you okay it before they charge you for it. But they shipped without my okay. The shipping to the U.S. is a pretty good hit, so it's something to consider. The Silicon Flex still turned out to be less than the typical price for Gastro Flex. As I recall the Silicon Flex ended up running about $16 - $17 including shipping.

However, you may want to check out a Williams-Sonoma shop (not internet). They have some of the Gastro-Flex molds on sale for $11 or less. Down from $24, I think.

Try haroldsimport.com or haroldsimports.com

They have a limited selection of a brand Lekue, gastroflex competition for a real cheap price

They only have a $60.00 minimum but you must possess a valid re sale certificate

Edited by bripastryguy (log)

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

• 6 months later...

Right now I'm looking for a number of things and want to be able to order them from one place. Vanilla beans, flan rings, fondant and almond paste, a ravioli cutter. And some more stuff. Is there anywhere with fair prices, quick shipping, a good website etc?

I'm sure this has been a thread, I just cant find it.

does this come in pork?

My name's Emma Feigenbaum.

Pastry chef is the source from which I order most, although some equipment I order from Fantes - sometimes better prices and very quick ship.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I also like JB Prince, they have an extensive selection, not just pastry/baking.

But, it pays to shop around, particulary for the more expensive tools. Some things are cheaper at jbprince, others cheaper at pastrychef.com.

Also, be sure to check/compare shipping charges for heavy stuff like fondant and cans of almond paste. You might also find a local vendor for those last two items, that way you're not paying shipping at all.

I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.

I love JB Prince. Thier prices are usually fair (though not cheap) and they have a great selection. However, for some things I like DR in Canada. For the smaller selection they carry - such as chocolate, ring, and silicone molds - most of their prices are way lower than anywhere else.

Dean Anthony Anderson

"If all you have to eat is an egg, you had better know how to cook it properly" ~ Herve This

Pastry Chef: One If By Land Two If By Sea