• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cheesecake...

I had a goat cheese cake at Matt's last Friday - assume it was made by Michelle (their special dessert maker), that was fabulous (crustless). First time for me (goat that is) and first in a long time (for cheesecake.)

I make a pretty darn good cheesecake, from my grandmother's recipe. :biggrin:

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

tsquare also mentioned this at Lola's:

Awesome goat cheese pie - a light yet dense cheesecake, with orange caramel and fresh strawberries.

I'm going Friday and might just have to try it....

Hey, goat cheese cheese cake must be the trendy cheese cake du jour. I also like regular well made cheese cake done simply but well. Is home the only place one can find it here in the NW? It is too hot to make one's own right now... I haven't ordered cheesecake in a restaurant in ages. Everything looks like it comes from Costco unless it is in a small ramiken.

tsquare also mentioned this at Lola's:

Awesome goat cheese pie - a light yet dense cheesecake, with orange caramel and fresh strawberries.

I'm going Friday and might just have to try it....

Oh, correction - Lola's was a goat milk pie, though it made me think of cheesecake. After the piece at Matt's, it clearly was a different (and equally delicious) creation.

I do think the factory makes some overly sweet and mushy cakes...

Had the goat cheese cake at Harvest vine and its great. The background goat is nice.

My favorite in recent memory is a blue cheese cake at Palace Kitchen. Served with balsamic strawberries. Mmmh. Very different.

A