• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Wilfrid

Restaurant at the Chancery Court hotel

Sad to see High Holborn restaurant fold so quickly.  I made it there only once, and enjoyed the poulet vin jaune.  Passing by a few weeks back, I noticed that a vast landmark building opposite has been converted into a new hotel, the Renaissance Chancery Court.  I scouted around briefly, and it looked very luxurious.  They have a restaurant with the unpromising name "QC" and the even more unpromising description "eclectic".  Does anyone know any more about it?  I should have thought they could house a destination restaurant in a hotel like that, but maybe they haven't bothered.

thanks

the only additional information I can give is that the head chef is Jun Tanaka formerly at the very well reviewed Chives restaurant. Before that he worked with Eric Chavot at The Capital.

Thanks.  I did eat at Chives, maybe a year ago, and I believe it was good.   I'll look out for a review of "QC" (what a name!).

Well she seems to have liked the food.  I think the building looks spectacular - hence my original interest in the restaurant.  Sounds worth a try.

Sign in to follow this