• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

Piece of frozen cookie dough. Why is cookie dough so much better than baked cookies? :rolleyes:

Cheese tortellini with marinara. Little bit of Italian sausage.

Later tonight I'll snack on the nibbles for my husband's post-theatre reception for his opening night crowd -- strawberries with honey walnut cream cheese; cheese & crackers; chips & dip and adult beverages. :biggrin:

Yesterday we had spaghetti and meatballs. Today -I had some Lobster Chowder off the menu and then staff meal of chicken salad with Granny Smith apples, tomato and bacon sandwiches.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

well im finnaly moved into the new pad and ive got internet again :biggrin::cool: soooo its a good to be back fats that pork sounds the bomb man i really want to try it think ill do it at home with a briskit mmmmmmmmmm :smile: mashers and some fresh green beens yeah . thanx for the recipie .today was $%&*#@ pasta suprise with "meat" always be afraid of free meat .so we acted like there was no meal and ate at will alittle duck someone messed up some over melted stinky cheese on bread with honey and candied pecans,little bits of steak it was soo busy tonight then some black bean soup at the end of the night . ps cookie dough is the ninth wonder of the world . i also love it when it comes out of the oven before they set and its all gooey i eat it with a spoon . yum till tomarrow, peace . :biggrin:

I pulled out one of our regular turkey and cheese sammiches and slathered some nice stone-ground dijon mustard on the bread. Took a few slices of pancetta, seared them in the pannini grill for maybe 20 seconds, packed them into the sammich and then cooked it up in the grill. Along with the lovely addition of the pancetta's flavor was that the fat from it still on the grill made the bread all the more crispy on the outside.

Bacon starts its life inside a piglet-shaped cocoon, in which it receives all the nutrients it needs to grow healthy and tasty.

-baconwhores.com

Bacon, the Food of Joy....

-Sarah Vowell

Before lunch hit I whipped up a bit of our penne we keep for kids, threw in some sauted maitake and chantrelle mushrooms and mixed it with some butter and parm.

Family dinner was huge hotel pans of blah mac and cheese (same penne and some sorta creamy cheese sauce thing), green salad and garlic bread (we make our own breads - yum!)

Devin

job 1. meatballs

job 2. smoked tuna wanton w/ cream cheese (experament, successful), fried snickers in a wanton ( experament, also successful).

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

You don't want to know.

But here's a story.

I used to have a couple of dishwashers from Cenigal (sp) Africa. I used to make them these big plates of potatoes lyonais which had tons of bacon in it. I would give them a scrap steak or burger with it. One night I had some pork chops and offered to make a chop with their potatoes. They said, "no no, we muslim, we no eat pork. Just make us those potatoes". Oops.

Once I treated a waiter to a cut of prime rib hidden under his rice. I got off work and hit the bar for a beer. Evidently the bartender had been told to take care of me. What a hang over.

Staff meals are always odd. In the old days half of a dessert tray, and a few beers at 11:30pm wouldn't seem unordinary. Or how about french fries and bernaise. Yep, its good

I don't drink anymore.

Don't forget morning coffee of esspressoo and heavy cream. Yep, helps get the bernaise unclogged.

Once I caught a waiter eating off a plate he had bussed off a table. I gave him hell. His response was, "she was cute... I'd kiss her".

Today it was a few chunks of roasted turkey for breakfast.

Lunch was a pork filling I cooked up for pot stickers.

and a cookie

Edited by RETREVR (log)

Today I had a little "taste-me" cup of the Belgian Endive and Chimay Soup with Cheddar Cheese & Croutons (yummy - like eating fondue with a spoon instead of a fork!) and for staff meal they made Spinach, Ham & Cheese omelets and Herb Roasted potatoes.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Job 1. pulled pork, caffine, and potato and mushoom soup w/ beef that I made for s.o.d.

Job 2. wings, mashers, caffine, pinched some white chedder also.

Home. Busch beer.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

Very dry lasagna with some stale coffee. Later, on the line we feasted on some veal chop au poivre and oyster rock, with a dash of tabasco. Where are you GIMB? You don't write, you don't call...... :sad:

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

Spinach wrap sliced beef enchilada-like things, with french fries and spinach salad. The guy who does staff meal at my place is quite good at throwing leftovers together into something enjoyable.

Also snacked on raspberry muffins and crostini.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

Grilled chicken breastesses with a madeira mushroom sauce, broccoli rabe with nueske's lardons and cipollini onions in a cider gastrique.

Hmm... pretty cool thread. I may actually post pictures of staff meal.

"Success is the sum of alot of small things done correctly."

-- Fernand Point

This morning the kitchen made us scrambled eggs and steak for breakfast accompanied by a really tasty Salsa Fresca made by one of the amigos on the kitchen crew! Yummy!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

job 1. I had creamy artichoke soup w/ roasted red peppers and spinich I made for s.o.d.

job 2. We had gator tail w/ horseradish honey mustard sauce. I also had some grouper, mashed pots, and what ever I could dip in Cattlemans.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

well kids i decided im not eating another @#$(* pasta at work .......unless its fresh pasta . :cool: so i ve gone on a mexican food diet only tacos and burriots for two weeks :shock: and somehow it hasent gotten boring and im craving a real nacho right now even after tacos for e meal today .

so i stopped in this little mex market right up the road from me damn good food really good tortillas from chicago and brought in two packs to work made some limomn chili chicken tacos with pico guac and fontina to katie and chef dog nuttin but love thanx for keepin it alive .....im really back i just got a digi camera so its on :rolleyes::raz::cool::biggrin:

All staff meeting tonight. Good opportunity for Chef to clean out the cooler, ya know? Then he had to leave and I had to put this delectable meal out.

Tossed salad, cukes, tomatoes, yada yada

Pulled pork with buns for sandwiches

Herb and lemon baked chicken

Buttered corn

(The kids love all of the above, btw)

A concoction called "hot rice" (the kids do not like hot rice -- too spicy)

Apple & pear cobbler

I felt a little bad -- a couple of them came in and said "Oh, you're cooking for us again" but I wasn't -- just putting out an assortment of food that was just a bit strange together.

Welcome back, GIMB! We missed you!

LaurieB

thanx laurieb dog :biggrin: i missed talkin to ya guys too :wub: didnt work today so i meditated in my own kitchen this eve wow soo unstreesfull i forgot that i love to cook :smile: ill forget again tomarrow but boy it was wonderful hangin out with a beer in my hand and chopin at my own pace . i made some tacos belive it or not :laugh: took some chicken and boiled it with some cheep white wine i had with some chili powder cumin and one of those taco spice packs , a jalipino some onion and a budwieser cause what else can you do with bud but cook with it :raz: then through in some salsa that i had from another tacaria the other day . bought some tortillas from that same market and some cream fresca mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm then come cheddar and beans with more cheese melted into it . then squized some lime over them mmmmmmmmmmm . so i grubbed sittin down tonight soo much fun . :biggrin: its the little things now.............. :rolleyes: oh yeah also got some of that chipolte tobasco if you havent tried it please treat yourself sooo good . much luv gimb

Welcome back Belly. Tacos can't hardly ever do you wrong. The best I ever had was in Aztec, NM. Well Mexican food, any way. ("There's a new Mexico"- Homer.)

I worked both jobs and had grocery store sushi in-be-tween, Taco Bell after, and caffine during.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com