• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

Tuesday was some sort of beef and shiitake pasta in a marsala-cream sauce.

Yesterday was 4 chicken strips with honey mustard, and then later on a sesame-seed bagel with apple-smoked bacon, mayo, Dijon, turkey breast, L & T.

Right now a tuna salad sandwich on rye with cheddar, L & T, and some homemade turkey noodle soup. One of the cooks spends all day making soups.

E-meal today was chocolate-chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon, but I skipped it so I wouldn't pass out in an hour during service.

And a Coke.

Noise is music. All else is food.

well today was PASTA again @#%$## ^%$ #$$% so i ate a little then the real food some fries with remoulade sc , peice of p chop and some mustard sc then some coco ice cream then some steak that was over cooked then some lob bisque then some chicken then some fried redskins then some tomato pizza and some torta juan shared with me . still hungry well off to get some tacos :laugh::raz:

Navy bean soup w/ ham, snaged some ham and white chedder from the sunday brunch prep, and 2 crab cakes. now that I think about it... no mashed potatoes...wierd.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

I manage a restaurant and today ate of the special menu. I had Crab-crusted filet of Halibut with Scallops and Mussels. A quite special group of tastes for someone like me that really enjoys seafood. Yesterday, I ate street food on the Santa Monica Pier.

Da Captain

Captain Hongo

Cold Cous-cous salad and hot buttered Brussels Sprouts. Oh yeah, and a chicken leg on the side!

Tobin

It is all about respect; for the ingredient, for the process, for each other, for the profession.

mmmmmmmm someone elses french fries :biggrin: fats that burger sounds the bomb , for real .

:smile: so monday was this taco salad thing it was good of corse it was covered in saracha :biggrin: then sunday was fend for yourself day i had some fries and a torta lets see saterday was mystery pasta day , i passed and friday was too busy too eat day there was some school prom i think talk to ya tonight .

Long day. Got pulled into the kitchen to help prep, so no real time to actually eat a meal. Ya know how it goes. Just little tastes of what you're prepping.

Half a ham & cheese croissant

Choco chip cookie dough

Piece of provolone & piece of cheddar

Taste of goat cheese mix for tomorrow's hors d.

Piece of chicken, onion & smoked gouda strudel

Asparagus spear with Gorgonzola wrapped in prosciutto

Taste of the chicken salad

Taste of Dijon dill potato salad

Some fruit

I find it hard to touch, smell, taste all that food all day and then want to eat.

Laurie

PS, Cherry Dum-Dum Lolipop :raz:

Edited by LaurieB (log)

i love the root beer ones and am always about the mystery one i think its a suiside pop ? like the star on the tootsie roll pop that u used to get a free pop if you found one with the indian shooting the star ?

soooo today was a good e meal had some slow cooked cix with this spicy tom sc on it saracha :biggrin: was the spice . i broke it down and made a avocado and cix sandwich on a french bread was really tas t till tomarrow :cool:

Yesterday, I ate wings and celery with blue cheese. Then I kept swiping at the buttercream I was working with later on. A little too much.

Coffee, too, but that goes without saying in my case. Kinda like GIMB with the sriracha.

Today:

A falafel ball

A BBQ chicken wing

A little taste of the finished cake from yesterday. The girls actually saved me a piece! :wub:

A bit of turkey Italian sausage

Many pieces of celery. I snarfed the 10 or so leftover sticks at the end of service. I love celery.

A tiny bit of provolone cheese crisped on the griddle

Coffee, coffee, coffee.

last night i didnt eat i waited till after work and got tacos yeah :biggrin::biggrin: they were soooo good . then this mornin i had some potatos and bacon and eggs ...... i sat down and ate ..... :huh: i know it was sooo refreshing to eat a good meal sitting down . :laugh: then i got a burget with lettus tom and onion mayo mustard till tonight

lets see last night was mas n cheez with some bread and a cocolate milk in the A.M. was a chicken provolone wrap with lettus tom and sourcraut and ranch dressing :biggrin: see sun was burger night we all made our own burger it was a shitty day so we got a bigger bone thrown to us :raz: i made mine with egg avocado bacon blue cheez tomato and provo cheez and of course saracha :cool: and some killer koolaid was some new flavor was good . then on saterday was too busy to eat .just snacked you know how that is ...... then friday was this pasta especial ? :hmmm: i really am craving my mothers beef and noodles and some homeaid tacos :rolleyes: hmmmmmmm life seems too slip away anymore.......... :huh:

Blissfully, had Sunday AND Monday off!! Made Marcella Hazan's Lemon Roasted Chicken for dinner Sunday with mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans.

Monday made tomato basil soup and also some roasted garlic soup.

Today, leftover pasta with Italian sausage at work.

Tomorrow, I will move back into the kitchen from my FOH job to do prep and cook for the weekend. At least I know I'll be able to eat. Well. :rolleyes:

Laurie

Pork butt or shoulder slow braised in Kaluha, mashed pots, and creamy potato soup w/ oyster crackers. To many potatoes today, I also had fries w/ b/c dressing.

Off yesterday.

Monday I made hush puppies for the 1st time. The sous chef used them to tp the chilli he made w/ 5 or 6 different kinds of pork. It was so experlitive good.

mmmm.....tasso, bacon, shoulder, ham, salami, andoulie, panchetta, and maybe even prussutto(sp?).

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

hey fats talk to me about that kalua pork ?

we season it w/ s/p and mesquete(sp) seasoning. then get a good sear on it. put it in a roasting pan, fill up 'bout half way w/ kaluha, put it in the oven at a low temp and come back 6 hours later....Set It and Forget It!!!! it is so good. i made sandwiches the next day for me and the 2 dish dawgs (keep them happy).

i didn't work today, but i made shrimp pesto w/ baby portabellas, roasted red peppers, lemon, spinich and a little bit of tomato tossed w/ fresh angle hair. i wanted to get some goat or blue cheese, but my girlfriend is pregnant so we decided to do research on softer cheeses 1st.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

what didn't I eat today....the kitchen sink. but I had a sub I brought, some blackend stripped bass, crab mushroom ragu, tons of peel and eat shrimp left over from sun brunch that I was supose to peel and not eat (I hate peeling shrimp so it was tax).

oh, I had crappy bag-in-the-box lemonade. better than pepsi.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com