• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

Some kind of little sausages and peppers that I ate like hot dogs, and then S.O.S. but not the original. Later on a piece of seabass that was cooked but not needed (seems to happen a lot) with mashed potatoes and rum butter.

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

:cool: sounds good chef dog i love sausage and pepers especially the ones you can get at the fair that have sat there for 12 hours mmmmmm .

today was a ham swiss and ranch lettus wrap with some peanuts , then some cake i snagged was good . :smile: think it was lemon petifor startings . till tonight :raz:

Chicken fingers and french fries. Very boring but I made myself a promise to keep this thread alive, so the everyday story has to be told.

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

well today was very interesting :blink: had small bites of this and that and nothing really substantial to wright about save for some bailys ice cream that we got in as a sample was good and had lots o vanilla beans in it . :biggrin::cool: oh pineapple is in season too had some pineapple bones yummy . :wub:

jpd chef it was a fusion if you can picture that ? not so much together not like mango encrusted snitzel or anything but a german chef who loved picific rim food and of course german food as well . the only good thing there was the wood fire pizza oh man yummy stuff.

well chef dog its just me and you and im not stoppin so right on brother right on :cool:

today was a bowl of chicken soup with chips dipped in mayo ...... i know . till tonight .

And those of us reading along for the fun of it - even if I'm not cooking professionally. :smile:

Chips & mayo-- yummy :wub: Never did get the ketchup thing.

Edited for crappy spelling.

Edited by Jake (log)

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

chili cheese fries, the chili was leftover and the rest was on hand. oh, and some watermelon

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Tonight I did a re-use of the veg that was used for the last couple of tables, it was very stir fry like; so I added some teriyaki, kind of turned it into a teri stir fry. I had some bake potatoes that I cubed up and mixed with bacon and onion and threw into the oven. Marinated chicken breast in lemon, olive oil, Cajun spice, wine, s&p, coarse black pepper, grilled then finished in the oven, set aside for a bit.

Plated the veg a little on each plate, cut up chicken and split evenly on the plates, then added the potatoes, yum!

:wacko:

Cook To Live; Live To Cook

today was flour tortilla nachos muy bieno hamburger cheese sauce toms guac sour lettus very grengo but good . :biggrin: i really wanted some tomatillo salsa but you know............... :hmmm: not in the southwest anymore , those guys would bring in there own salsas from home man we'd have 10 different kinds of salsa all the time . :wink: thoses were the good old days :wub:

today was fend for yourself day he he he {rubs hands together} :wink: so i made a fried fish avocado and bacon sandwich with tarter sauce . then later took the left over chips and through some bean soup in and some sour cream and some salt and went in face first :smile: the other guys were jelious . :raz: and now a honey brown for desert mmmmmmmmcheep beer :wink:

today am . had some turkey and swiss on a piece of romain lettus . simple but good oh yeah and a broken maccaroon ans a chocolate petifour they were both tasty :biggrin: now on two job # 2 what will emplyeee slop hold for me there the fun thing is its always different and always slop :wink::biggrin:

hey nick , well its a comfort food to me . my father always made macral cakes mac n cheese and some canned vegi it was cheep and filling , i guess he loved it and we all hated it...... now.........i crave it . didnt know there waas a a baked beans and fish cakes fettish that sounds good as well . i know its a sin too love canned baked beans but bushes honey bacon are my favorite :unsure: even over my own , yea i know smashing my own ego ........heads too big for the room must get bigger room hhahahahahaha .

well loyal readers of the employee meal thread today pm was once again fend foryourself day . this sparked me to talk to my old buddy that is skinny as hell and always hungry juanito . i said hey uuuuuuuuuuuuuu :unsure: you hungry man . he said uuuuuuuu :unsure: yea wutch u makin ese . i said torta . and a smile that warmed the room and caused wrinkles from ear to ear came to his face i said , ham , avocado , cheddar , tomato , honey mustard , and basil . he said maaaan i got a piece of fried chicken that is dead and so it was and on this day we stuffed our selves with a bomb ass torta of course it was on the sly :wink::cool: donde la hefe benito . in la office way todo ta bien vato . :biggrin::laugh: oooooooo man mi vida loco , asta leuago . my spanglish sux .

Yes; keep them coming, I too read them every day.

I will post some things when they are more then just me I have to cooked for, once or twice a week I cook for more then me.

steve

Cook To Live; Live To Cook

Chicken parmesan, that was burnt to a crisp, so I just ate the cheese. Later on the line I had a rare burger w/fries. And cause its free food night at the club I gorged on some wings dipped in apricot beurre blanc, it started out as a mistake but ended up tasting really good.

lifes been crazy . sorry guys . well long story short a bolt of lightening struck right by my house and killed all my electronics save for my commputer thank god its brand new . :biggrin::sad: man that was frightening tho .

well im back now today was old cix salad and four grain bread and some chips with spinich sourcream spread on em damn good and a grapefruit with salt and tobasco on it that also was the bomb diggity . well lets see whats in store for me now mystery pasta fried chix who can say................................. :unsure::raz::biggrin: good to be back tho missed seein the postes

In my kitchens, I let the Mexican staff, have at it.

Being in California this is the best way to please all staff members.

My favorite is Chilaquiles, awesome mexican comfort food.

Otherwise tacos pescado is very popular.

Hint- We alway make menudo on sunday mornings to insure all staff shows to work. The Italian staff pulls their aside to add tomatoe, celery olive oil and grated cheese for Trippa al pomodoro.

you speaka mi langua free martha yes havung the product is the hard part i live in the middle of the country so its hard to find good mexican food . save for at my house and on occation someone will bring something in to work . i miss menudo your making me sad :sad: sunday mornings little taco stand run by an 70 year old woman and her son . crispy tortillas and lots o calantro and onion . and i came in a bowl that must have been a have been a half gallon.

:biggrin::wink:

today we made fried chic how ironic . mashed taters and pan gravy and spinich yum yum and yum . we made the only brother there make it and it was good we teased him tho poor guy . hes got a great attitude tho and we had fun back and forth with our unenlightened convo about race . ie wheres the watermellon sorbet heeheheheh the food was the bomb well needed change from crap pasta suprise . and for a moment ............. it was like my family we all sat around and busted each others balls and one of the guys made kool aid (perfect fit) and we just laughed and ate and had fun ............ i do miss those family meals jokin laughen lettin the food get cold pissin my mother off .