• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bottled Salad Dressing

Hellman's mayo and heinz salad cream. Absolute essentials.

Okay, my interest is piqued. What is Heinz Salad Cream? I'm assuming that's a British invention. I've never seen it here in the USA.

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

I was hugely surprised at a taste testing at Trader Joe's with their reduced fat ( :huh: ) creamy basil dressing. I bought it.

I don't find anything inherently wrong with not making it from scratch and refuse cave into that sort of "snobbery." :biggrin:

I LOVE that Garlic Expressions bottled dressing and it is made with very recognizable ingredients so I do not feign or harbour any guilt. I think that since it wasn't made ten minutes ago, the flavours have a chance to blend and deepen.

The question isn't how many salad dressings I have in my fridge, but why won't I throw them out.

They haven't been used at least since Bill Clinton's first term in the office. If anybody wants to do a dissertation on the eating habits of DINKs in the late 80s or early 90s just let me know - you can come for a "dig" in my fridge.

The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory than it is in practice.