• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

St. Helena lunch

Absonot

I'm looking for a great place do dine alone (for lunch) in St.Helena. I've narrowed it down but can't decide between Market, Cindy's Backstreet, or Martini House.

Since I'll be alone, a good half bottle selection is a plus. No info on their websites about this, but all their menus look great. Seeking first-hand experience to help me decide. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

During our trip to Napa two weeks ago, we had our best meal at Martini House. Absolutely spectacular in every way. Sitting inside the breathtakingly beautiful Arts & Crafts cottage is surprisingly preferable to the peaceful outdoor patio. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

These are the other places we tried:

Dinner: Terra and Bistro Don Giovanni

Lunch: Wappo Bar and Bistro and Bouchon

The Martini House is also my favorite.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

YAY!! Thanks for all the input (and so consistent!)

My choice is clear.

I shall throughly enjoy myself, I am sure.

thanks again all!

When you're there, take a look at the lamps on the tables that are booths. They're copper lamps made to look like acorns, about a foot hight, eight inches wide, and they weigh a ton. The shades are heavy glass and look like the top of an acorn. The server told us they cost about $5,000 each. If I'd only worn my pants with the deep pockets that night I may have been able to slip one out without anyone noticing! :shock:

Named after Dr. Martini; not the drink. It was his house.

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321