• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Changing Face of Restaurants in DC

Vandyhoo

You can prolly submit questions online too. If they're good questions, you'll beat all the fools on the phone; they often print out e-mail and read aloud on these shows...

It's kinda boring so far.. I submitted a q, but am tuning out..

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Well.....IS there a changing face of restaurants in DC?

Edited for Point of Order: The website says nothing about DC-specific face-changery as the topic of discussion.

Edited by Chef Shogun (log)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Well, according to the folks on the show, the growth of ethnic restaurants in the DC area represents the changing face of restaurants here; at least that's what I got from half-listening. What headline news! Come on, IMO, that's been the strength of DC-area restaurants for at least 10-15 years. Leaving the DC area for awhile made me miss the abundance of Vietnamese, Korean, and Salvadorean in the area. Philly still has nothing like it. But is this a new thing? I think not. Guess it depends on what "new" is...

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Well, according to the folks on the show, the growth of ethnic restaurants in the DC area represents the changing face of restaurants here; at least that's what I got from half-listening. What headline news! Come on, IMO, that's been the strength of DC-area restaurants for at least 10-15 years.

Longer than that even.

I didn't bother tuning in. Who were the guests?

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

He did his chat yesterday. And, I just tried the Post website -- I had no problem getting the schedule up. Maybe you just ran into one of its recurring glitches.

Rick Azzarano