• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Selling on Looks?

Craig Camp

Cherry Hill Winery , a new Willamette Valley producer of premium pinot noir and pinot gris is seeking beautiful, wine knowledgeable spokespersons to be our wine Angels on the East Coast, Midwest, and West Coast. The Cherry Hill Wine Angels will represent our products in the marketplace at tastings,trade shows, charity events, and other promotional activities. Applicants must be 21 years of age and must submit a resume and photo to Cherry Hill Winery 7867 Crowley Road Rickreall, Oregon 97371. Please fax resume to 503-623-7878. Phone Ron @ 503-623-7867. E-mail michaelsweeney@sbcglobal.net. Web Site cherryhillwinery.com. Candidates selected will be invited to a complimentary overnight stay at the guest camp for a personal interview.

Beware of wineries looking for babes and consulting enologists. :blink: Reminds me of

Vinitaly.

Has anyone tasted these "wines".

This guy (I assume it's a guy) is living his dream. A winery and now some "Hooter's Girls" to hit on. Personally I think their hiring policies are probably as shallow as their wines. I'm only speculating having never seen or tasted the stuff.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Wow. That's the most blatantly marketing oriented winery site I've ever seen. And the sexism? It's actually kind of refreshing to see people be so up front about being total weenies. These guys seem to be following a Harvard Business School case study on doing a winery start up. Maybe they'll have bikini clad standees in retail stores as displays. I'm, like, stunned. :shock:

I took a look at their website and think their "dude ranch" package is actually quite interesting. I do though think they could come up with a far more enticing term for the experience.

Having worked in sales for over 25 years, marketing is everything. How many good products or good restaurants have we seen go bye-bye because they don't have good marketing? I don't know about you but I've seen a lot of them go away and I wish they were still around.

How many of us have bought a wine just because we liked the label? I know I have done that on many occasions. His wine may or may not be good and its place will ultimately be determined by its quality. Until then, as far as getting it out into the public eye I think he has a good idea. Remember too that women, while not looking at it from the sexual side, more than men will respond more positively if something is attractively packaged or promoted simply from the style and grace aspect so this form of marketing kills two birds with one stone. As much as we may feel differently,the fact is, sex sells.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this winery. Will it turn out to be a good way of gettting a good new wine noticed? If the wine is bad the marketing will be like putting a nice shiny paint job on a used car. You'll be attracted to it but once you drive it once will be enough.

Charles a food and wine addict - "Just as magic can be black or white, so can addictions be good, bad or neither. As long as a habit enslaves it makes the grade, it need not be sinful as well." - Victor Mollo

In some states you can serve at 18.

You're missing the joke, hon. Only 21 year olds? Precisely 21 year olds? Not 22, 23, 24, 36, 48 . . oh, unless we're talking measurements. I was asked that once!

Yer right, it has been a long day.

Living hard will take its toll...