• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: tejon - Served family style

tejon

My oldest just told me, "my tummy doesn't feel very good", so I did a forehead check and he's warm. I have him settled on the couch, wrapped in his quilt (a friend of ours made it for him before he was born), sipping some electrolyte solution I made up since he isn't really interested in eating. I'm going to join him for while and hope that helps a bit.

My circle of friends and coworkers have started having babies. It's really an epidemic. The closest friends get a handmade quilt. My sister is the latest to announce her pregnancy, and I am waiting to find out boy or girl and the nursery decor before I choose one to make. She may find out Wednesday.

I have him settled on the couch, wrapped in his quilt (a friend of ours made it for him before he was born), sipping some electrolyte solution I made up since he isn't really interested in eating.

Glad to hear he is feeling better.

What do you put in your electroclyte solution?

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

What do you put in your electroclyte solution?

Here's how I make it up:

8 oz. water (room temp best)

1/4 tsp. baking soda

pinch salt

2 tsp. sugar, honey, or maple syrup

Mix until everything is dissolved. If there is trouble keeping things down, I offer by the spoonful every few minutes or so, then move up to larger amounts. Otherwise it subs for juice or milk or other fluids really well since there it has very little taste.

I drink this when I'm really sick, and it does down easily. It's nice to have something I can make up at any time, in any amount, instead of running to the store.

Edited by tejon (log)

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

Dinner finished:

d_mon.jpg

This is my Grandma's Chicken Tchakhokbelli, a recipe of unknown origen. I'm guessing the baked potato isn't representative of whatever part of the world this dish came from, but it's delicious all the same. Pure comfort food.

My oldest is up and looked at the monitor, grimaced, and asked if that was an onion he saw. He's feeling much better now :smile:.

Kathy

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. - Harriet Van Horne

These:

crisp1.jpg

have now become this:

crisp2.jpg

Good night all :biggrin:.

- Kathy

Edited by tejon (log)

Kathy

Thanks, tejon. This was another blog where I had to ask myself "It's over already?" :smile:

Is the red color in the peach cobbler only from the red part of the peaches near the pits, or did you also include something else red in it?

Michael aka "Pan"

Thanks, tejon. This was another blog where I had to ask myself "It's over already?" :smile:

Is the red color in the peach cobbler only from the red part of the peaches near the pits, or did you also include something else red in it?

Thank you - I really enjoyed this last week. The red is just from the part near the pits - this batch of peaches seemed to be very dark right at the center.

Kathy