• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rarotongan

elicia

This drink is served at Emeril's Tchoup Chop restaurant.. Banana Rum, Bailey's Irish Creme and fresh pineapple, its cold and frothy and topped with toasted coconut. I have all the ingredients listed (at least those were the ingredients listed on the menu), but I am not sure of the quantities of each, or how they are mixed to get the drink as cold and frothy, or how to get the consistency correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Welcome to eG elicia. :smile:

For the specifics, I'd ask a bartender that works there. Is it a frozen drink? To keep a nice thick consistency requires the aid of a blender and pouring all the liquids before adding the ice cubes.

Good luck!

thanks for the welcome, beans!

the drink request came from a Tiki List i'm on ~ i tried to get more info from the person who made the original request.

i'm going to direct him to this thread.. such a wealth of info.. the best i've found on the web!

thanks again.

elicia

wow - i actually thought this was gonna be a request for whatever that drink is that the native men use to get inebriated on in Raratonga. (i think it might have kava kava in it)