• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris Bistros/Bistrots/Restos Open on Sunday

Simon Majumdar

Any reports on Reminet under the new owners?

Le Reminet’s new team has finally taken over and it’s been reviewed in this week’s Figaroscope where Emmanuel Rubin gave it only one heart, stating that it’s gone from “bistronomique” to touristy, saying it is not ”totally bad” and giving the price as 50-60 € with a 50 € menu at dinner (that’s a sizeable increase).

I am surprised that no one has mentionned FISH on rue de seine-

and comptoir d'Odeon.All in the 6th.You just shaw up .No reservation.

Since Pierre has brought us back to the second part of Hugh's thread, what's open on Sundays, I'd remind members of our compendium of existing threads on Sunday dining. I edited Hugh's title to capture this query as well as that about Le Reminet.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

• 3 months later...

I received a PM from a member that I thought could provide a prod to reviving this discussion of Reminet, new and old:

....I read that the owner of Le Reminet changed in 2006. It used to be one of my favorite small restaurants for an occasional quiet lunch (I used to live in Paris).....can you give me any suggestions since I'm giving a gift certificate to a student of mine and her mother who will be in Paris in July? A place reminiscent of the former Le Reminet?....Thank you if you have any suggestions,
Pierre 45, upthread, suggests Fish which I think is a good suggestion. How about Le Cerisaie? or Pre Verre?, sort of the same small, warm, nice ambiance, non?

John Talbott

I adore Le Petit Marche, just off Place Voges. The food is very reliable and very reasonable. Last time we had Tuna Mille-feuille, Rabbit in the style of Provence, Duck Confit with caramlized plantains, and a beautiful whole fish perfectly infused with the fresh herbs and lemon it was cooked on. Main courses in the 14-25 Euro range. Open everyday.

I am surprised that no one has mentionned FISH on rue de seine-

and comptoir d'Odeon.All in the 6th.You just shaw up .No reservation.

You definitely need a reservation at Fish, unless you go after 9pm or so.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

• 5 months later...

We'll be in Paris all day tomorrow (and Monday), and in looking for places to dine I notice that most of the Sunday topics are getting pretty old. As an update to those older suggestions, of which there are alarmingy few anyway, where should we go tomorrow?

We'll be in Paris all day tomorrow (and Monday), and in looking for places to dine I notice that most of the Sunday topics are getting pretty old.  As an update to those older suggestions, of which there are alarmingy few anyway, where should we go tomorrow?

This Fall, I've had good Sunday lunches at both Mediterranee + Garance.

Edited by John Talbott to add that there are busted links in the Sunday Dining compendium that I'll clean up ASAP as well as merge all so we'll have a central up-to-date resource.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

John Talbott