• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pie Season

Muffin210

Can we combine it with the potluck? I asked this on the potluck thread.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Can we combine it with the potluck?  I asked this on the potluck thread.

That makes sense to me, unless someone objects in the reasonably near future I'll make it so.

I still have some of the wild boar meat like that which I cooked for carnitas on that thread.

I can roast and chop it and stew it in my homemade green sauce. People seem to like it.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

A little bit of Los Angeles pie history. Back in the Late 60's McDonald's tested a pie concept in the LA area. The place was named Jane Dobin's after Ray Kroc's then wife. Then the divorce. Place was renamed Pie Tree.

A lesson to be learned here. It's also why the Palm no longer puts characatures of couples on their walls.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I think that someone (in charge) needs to start a new thread for this. I just read this for the first time and might have missed out on the potluck because of being on a diet that doesn't include pie! :shock:

I had suggested merging the L.A Potluck and Pie topics and I thought someone was going to do it but it hasn't happened yet.