• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

america's best burger

davebr

I saw a contest for america's best burger. sponsored by tabasco/sutter home/ and the beef board council whatever. I would post the link, but Im not savy enough for that. Look around the tabasco website and you'll find all the info.

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

Voila here it is!!

Contest Guidelines: In celebration of the 100th birthday of the hamburger in America, all burgers must be made with beef, as were the burgers served at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair.The “Burger” must be served in the form of a ground patty containing at least 75% beef on a bun or other bread product. The recipe may include any combination of sauces, cheeses, spices, and/or condiments. The recipe must be original and include the name of recipe and a brief statement as to why it is a great American burger. The recipe must include readily available ingredients, standard U.S. measurements, and be written to make six (6) burgers. 
:rolleyes:

after my grilled cheese contest, and my KFC sidedish contest, this will be a piece of cake .. then a cake contest?? :laugh:

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Next up, "Americas best toast!"

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand

Dammit!!!

umm.... Americas Best Water!

Note, must be distilled water, nothing added, served in a plain Dixie ® type 1, wax covered paper cup. Must be served at 78 degrees F. No side dishes or condiments are allowed. One entry per person.

Edited by agbaber (log)

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand

• 3 months later...