• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I just wish it wasn't so...so....full of fat!!!

I love cheese. All kinds. I work at Central Market in Austin Texas. We have 750 different cheeses. I sometimes work in the cheese department just so I can wrap them ( and taste as I go..)

At the same time, the best cheeses I have ever eaten were from Melis' ( sp?) in Edinburgh..

Steve: what's next in cheese in this country? I am seeing more artisan American cheeses. This is so exciting! What do you see coming down in the cheese world in the next few years???

You charming young people. Listen, first of all I don't see anything coming down the road, and second, stop whining about fat. Fat is GOOD. Be a responsible adult and don't over-indulge in anything. But most important, remember always: THE HARDER THE CHEESE, THE HIGHER THE FAT; THE SOFTER THE CHEESE, THE LOWER THE FAT. Do not bother looking at a cheese's fat content. This issue is the moisture content. Period.