• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gordon Ramsay reality show

PDC

"over the age of 21"

They don't give an upper limit.

All you have to do is be able to "perform" under pressure for the cameras ... and how many of us old curmudgeons can pull that off with panache?? :laugh:

The producers are looking to cast charismatic, outgoing men and women over the age of 21
.. charismatic curmudgeons?? I wish!! :wink: Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I will probably audition.

I have no idea what I would say that would cause me to be picked, though, so don't get your hopes up. I have a fairly dry and acerbic wit, and I'm very foul mouthed. If I did make it to the show, and Gordon started to chew me out, I let loose a stream of obscenities on him.

And that would be the end of my short-lived TV career.

You go girl!

erm. :unsure:

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand

I'm very foul mouthed. If I did make it to the show, and Gordon started to chew me out, I let loose a stream of obscenities on him.

Never hurt Bourdain, you realize!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

His career is in full swing!! :biggrin:

Food Tutor, you have a wonderful website, and you go for it! If you are gettin' cussed, give it back.By the way, have you ever played soccer?

Sorry about repeating the comment...I just went back to "fries". Mea culpa.

Edited by Mabelline (log)

"over the age of 21"

All you have to do is be able to "perform" under pressure for the cameras ... and how many of us old curmudgeons can pull that off with panache?? :laugh:

I wonder if "performing under pressure" means being cool calm and collected or "cool" like G.R.

Examples of this kind of cool would be like...

Cook: "Hey Ted, you have a.."

Ted: "Hey__, could you just give me the fucking ticket and stop yapping about it?"

Or...

Waiter: "I'm sorry, Ted. That was a creme brulee to go, I..."

Ted:" Nice one, jackass. Good to see that two tables flusters you enough to fuck up an order.

Make sure you screw up a few more tonight, ok, c---s-ck-r?

2317/5000

Wow... Ya know, Birmingham is only a couple hours from Atlanta...

Got gas?? C'mon down .. or east, anyway! Would love to see you enter this thing, FistFulla ... an entire new meaning for "fisting"?? :rolleyes:

My 2000th post and I am doing this??!! :laugh:

Note to self, upon reaching 2000th post, be sure to mention fisting and eating in the same sentence.

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand

Hi guys,

I'm one of the casting directors for "Hell's Kitchen", and it is indeed Gordon's show. I'll be in Atlanta on the 23rd from 3-9pm @ The Artist Factory (1741 Commerce Dr NW, Atlanta GA 30318) for initial interviews.

I will also be at the other locations mentioned in the forums (Viking & Cook's Warehouse).

The Casting hotline is 800-485-2280

Peter Huntley

Peter has provided us with the official press release - here it is, for download in Adobe Acrobat format:

http://www.egullet.com/shared/hellskitchen-gordonramsay.pdf

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I think Zilla369, NeroW and Malawry all should try out for this show. I think any of the three of them could hold their own against Ramsay.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I think Zilla369, NeroW and Malawry all should try out for this show. I think any of the three of them could hold their own against Ramsay.

Thanks for saying so! I'm actually super-interested, and talked to Peter on the phone this afternoon before i went to work. Seems there is a plan to hold some auditions in Chicago, no dates yet, but soon. I could feasibly drive up there.

While there's no upper age limit, i believe i'm a "little older than (they're) looking for", but apparently that doesn't automatically rule me out. Perhaps being born at Parris Island and having a Marine drill instructor for a dad will give me a little edge. *crosses fingers*. Will keep you guys posted.

Hmm....let's quietly get as many eGulleteers as possible on the show :cool:

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

Word.

Good luck, zilla!

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega