• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

7-11 outdoes Central Market?!?!?!

• 8 months later...

Just bumping this up to point out that there are new sandwiches available at 7-11. Today I noted the following: (??? means I can't recall what but it looked good!)

Mozarella and Tomato on Panini - huge mozz chunks and ripe tomatoes

Turkey with Spicy Havarti on Wheat

Ham and ??? cheese on Tomato Basil Bread

Chicken and Provolone on a Croissant - and was very pleasantly offered a sample by the friendly 7-11 man.

Black Forest Ham on Wheat with ??? Cheese

Many of the sandwiches also had specialty spreads (pesto or spicy or whatnot). They also have a little condiment bar where you can add extra lettuce or tomato or even pico de gallo!

I'd picked up the sundried tomato bread number, but it had been so long since my lasted toasty melty chicken with roasted tomatoes on foccia that I had to get that one. But the next one... it's that tomato basil bread sandwich for sure!

my 7-11 obsession has not died out with time.

I will be down in Sept for the ACL fest and plan on checking it out.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!