• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi Steve I love your book and have used it for years.

It is my cheese bible.

Even though I have done alot of traveling I would still love to find a great tour of French and Italian cheeses. DO you know of anyone who is offering a few weeks or so touring the French or Italian countryside visiting places making these cheeses.

I have looked and looked and found nothing at all. If you know of anyone offering a good one I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Even though I have done alot of traveling I would still love to find a great tour of French and Italian cheeses. DO you know of anyone who is offering a few weeks or so touring the French or Italian countryside visiting places making these cheeses.

I have looked and looked and found nothing at all. If you know of anyone offering a good one I would appreciate it.

I'd really like to know this also. Perhaps, you've met some friendly cheesemakers who would welcome and appreciate having visitors who are interested in their way of life to come by and learn more about what they do and how they do it. At the very least, we'd buy their cheese!

I think you should just make a decision to travel to one of the prolific cheese-producing regions and make it happen for yourself by being there and doing your own sleuthing. Much more fun, much more serendipity, sonderful things will happen. Asturias. Savoie. Auvergne. Catalonia. Normandy. Berry/Touraine/Poitou/Charente. Piemonte/Aosta.

I recently tried this in Vermont. After picking up a guide to VT cheese, my aunt and I set out to stop by a number of farmhouse producers and a couple of larger establishments. Even though many were too small to bother with tours, everyone was increadibly friendly.

The women who run Orb Weaver were espeically nice, taking us on a tour of their farm and cave, even introducing the cows by name. :cool:

I really would much prefer a tour with maybe just a few other people and someone who knew exactly where to go and knew the cheese makers. I like to wander around when I have the time but lately there is not much of that so no...I would absolutley prefer a tour with someone who knows alot.

I wish Steve would offer a tour...I would sign up immediately.