• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: NulloModo - One bourbon, one scotch, one beer...

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Custard Recipe:

1 cup vanilla whey protein powder

4 eggs seperated

2 packets stevia

3 packets splenda

1 teaspoon baking powder

bit of cream of tartar

1 teaspoon vanilla

Seperate the egg yolks from the eggs. Whip them with a dash of cream of tarter until almost peaking.

Whisk in with the yolks in a seperate dish the sweeteners, extract, protein powder, and baking powder.

Fold both mixtures into each other, and bake at 300 degrees for around 45 minutes.

This was actually supposed to be low-carb angel food cake, but it didn't turn out to be that. It was still pretty tasty. I think I didn't beat my eggs enough.

Mnebergall -

I'm planning on keeping up with it. I still have some more to go before I try to level off though. But hey, the exercise stuff is great, I can honestly say I have never felt better. Plus, it helps to keep the dining guilt free when you know you are burning a lot of it back off ;).

Pan -

The first Blair's I tried was the 'After Death' sauce. That stuff is intense. The Original Death is very flavorful, a little fruity, and not to hot for even a hot sauce newbie, I highly recommend it.

Winesonoma -

That sounds like it was a fascinating trip.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide