• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seastar in Bellevue open

Just curious if anyone has been yet? The restaurant opened on Monday. I will be going in the next two weeks to check out the $10 30-minute lunch deal. I'll give a report. But I'd love to hear if anyone has gone and what you thought of the "raw" bar if you checked it out? Chef John Howie (used to be at Palisade) has designed this raw bar that will have a daily selection of sushi, sashimi, ceviche and poke!! Sounds fabulous to me!

Also, I'm still planning on getting to the Malay Satay Hut in Redmond next week. So many restaurants, so little time :)

Seastar is located at 205 108th Ave. N.E., Bellevue

phone: 425-456-0010

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

girlchow's comments on this new restaurant really piqued my interest, so imagine my surprise when I did a quick google check on Seastar Bellevue, and the following excellent, extremely well written  :biggrin:  article popped up: Seastar article from Eastside Journal   The raw bar idea sounds fantastic as well as the $10 lunch deal!  girlchow, please keep us posted!  Thanks!

From Mamster: I have my eye on that $10 lunch, too, because I'm a notorious cheapskate.  Hey, wouldn't it be funny if the $10 lunch actually featured cheap skate?

Ha! I am so going to steal that one for my arsenal of really bad seafood puns ... hahaha :)

Mamster, I am so cheap that I think $10 is expensive for lunch.

I am a big fan of John Howie, though, can you tell? I swear he doesn't pay me to say these things either. These are all my opinions and do not reflect on any entity for which I might represent. :)

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Back when I did standup comedy, I had a bit about how I didn't like to order seafood because the waiter always thought I was insulting him when I said things like "king crab" or "halibut cheeks."

Hmm...it probably wasn't funny then, either.

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May

Hahaha! I would pay at least $3 to hear seafood jokes like those. Maybe even $5.

You should combine your comedic skills and cooking skills and do a stand up cooking show on public access. Come on, there are weirder shows on public access...anyone remember that goofy vegetarian show done by those hippy dudes 4 or 5 years ago who also did that show "Deface the Nation"??? Hilarious. Maybe I'll start a thread about fictional theme cooking shows on public access.

-- Frank Bruni