• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Foxwoods

ErinB

I'm going to Foxwoods. I've read from previous posts that the dining options at Mohegan are better, but, I'm still going to Foxwoods.

So, is there anything halfway decent?

I've eaten at the Chinese place, and that was pretty horrible, so I won't go back there. I also think I've eaten at the 24 hour place that serves generic american food, and that was pretty bad.

Is there anything?

I think the Sunday Brunch at Fox Harbor in Foxwoods is a good destination. The selections cover a broad spectrum that are sure to include something for just about everyone in your group. Speaking for myself, the fresh raw bar is a winner.

Take a look at the menu:

http://www.foxwoods.com/Dining/Gourmet/Men...pagneBrunch.htm

Cheers,

HC

We ended up just going to the 24 hour restauarant (the Veranda?) and got hamburgers which I figured was a pretty safe bet. It was fine. And not ridiculously overpriced (only slightly).

Just returned from a jaunt there myself. We had a free coupon thingie for the buffet and had that, otherwise it costs $14.00. There's a lot to choose from, I had the prime rib, salad and tried a piece of chicken parm. Not bad. The desserts didn't tempt me but we took a few cookies and brownies back to the poker table for noshing.