• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sexiest food scenes on film

Gifted Gourmet

The thread on women and food has now devolved, or evolved if you will, enough to give me brain fodder to begin this new thread on sexiest food scenes on film ..

The very first that comes to mine is, of course, and I hope you are old enough to remember Fielding's Tom Jones and the lusty scene of him devouring a meal with a toothsome, buxom wench ... for the young, this is worth renting .. Albert Finney and a cast of gorgeous women ... cavorting and eating and more cavorting ... does anyone even use that word any longer?? :rolleyes: Whateverrrrr ... :raz: (Note here: Tom Jones was not a lounge singer in Vegas with curly hair and an open neck leisure suit!! :shock: )

Your favorite scenes, please, that rocked your libido??

still around .. Tom Jones, the video

Edited by Gifted Gourmet (log)

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

... cavorting and eating and more cavorting ... does anyone even use that word any longer?? :rolleyes:

Yes.

Mayhaw Man used it when describing a couple of roaches on a wall on the recent Cockroach thread which made me giggle.

Any food scene from Like Water for Chocolate is incredibly sensual, but I'm particularly fond of the scene with the Rose Petal Chicken dish. 23_30_107p.gif

And the obvious 9 1/2 Weeks blindfolded in front of the fridge scene can't go unmentioned.

The cavorting cucarachas made me laugh out loud too! 16_7_204.gif

:laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Found it!

Some old movie with Alan Bates eating a fig.

I also love the Rose Petal chicken Dish from Like Water for Chocolate.

And the Johnny Depp movie where he was a gypsy and the beautiful woman ran the chocolate shop. Or any Johnny Depp...I don't care if he eats or not.

and Babette's Feast.

And maybe even Eating Raoul...but it's been awhile. I might need to see that again... :blink:

i finally watched la grande bouffe last night, and there was one particular scene that i found strangely arousing. it was when ugo, the chef, died while being hand-fed by philippe, and at the same time, getting a hand-job by andrea. that's not strange, is it?

my husband enjoyed andrea being bounced on the tart dough.

Edited by dexygus (log)
dexygus

Or any Johnny Depp...I don't care if he eats or not.

Oh yeah! What was the only thing left they could do to make Johnny sexier? Give him that charming brogue in Chocolat. <swoon>

My heart still belongs to Hugh Jackman, but damn! Johnny was mighty sexy in that one... :wub:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

the chef, died while being hand-fed by philippe, and at the same time, getting a hand-job by andrea. that's not strange, is it?

I see nothing strange at all about it ... dinnertime at my home looks reasonably similar .... :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

It may not be strictly food inclusive, but I LOVED Vatel. The man had a relationship with food that was so personal, so erotic, that when he strangled his bird, I cried. I love that movie--it seems so realistic to Louis IX indulgence. But then I adore Madame Pompadour by Jessica Mitford.

Sexiest from recent memory is the passing of an unbroken egg yolk from mouth to mouth in Tampopo. From the same movie, the intriguingly deviant upturned bowl of live, vigorously wriggling tiger prawns and liquor (cognac?) on the woman's belly. :huh::wacko::huh:

i remember a movie (but not the name) with a fisherman his wife, and some hustler i think. anyway the hustler starts sleeping with the wife and there's lots of caressing of fish filets. (reminiscent of your article GG). in any case, i'm pretty sure it was an american movie.

i remember a movie (but not the name) with a fisherman his wife, and some hustler i think. anyway the hustler starts sleeping with the wife and there's lots of caressing of fish filets. (reminiscent of your article GG). in any case, i'm pretty sure it was an american movie.

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea ???

Sexiest from recent memory is the passing of an unbroken egg yolk from mouth to mouth in Tampopo. From the same movie, the intriguingly deviant upturned bowl of live, vigorously wriggling tiger prawns and liquor (cognac?) on the woman's belly. :huh::wacko::huh:

I believe that the liquor is sake, and that the shimp are meant to die from alcohol poisoning and then be eaten sashimi-style with the ingestested sake flavoring them.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

hathor: i think the alan bates fig scene is in women in love, but i could be wrong.....

and my all time fave food/sex scene is the feasting and cavorting (i use that word all the time, gifted) in tom jones.

did anyone say 91/2 weeks? thats pretty damned steamy too!!!!

xo

Edited by ElfWorks (log)

"Animal crackers and cocoa to drink

That is the finest of suppers, I think

When I'm grown up and can have what I please,

I think I shall always insist upon these"

*Christopher Morley

i remember a movie (but not the name) with a fisherman his wife, and some hustler i think.  anyway the hustler starts sleeping with the wife and there's lots of caressing of fish filets.  (reminiscent of your article GG).  in any case, i'm pretty sure it was an american movie.

The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea ???

nope - it was an early to mid-90s flick actually. i can't for the life of me remember who was in it tho.

From Mostly Martha, all of the scenes with the Italian chef in the kitchen.

And from Tortilla Soup, the remake of Eat, Drink, Man, Woman featuring Latino actors, sexy in a completely different way in that men taking good care of children is always sexy to me, when the father makes the neighbor's daughter these wonderful meals to take to school in this beautiful tiffin carrier and trades that for her peanutbutter and jelly.

And finally, from Woman on Top, all of the scenes where Penelope Cruz is cooking in her tiny kitchen.

I tried to remember where I had seen a list of food movies online. I don't think this is it, but it works.

Edit: I found the one I remembered here.

Edited by ms. victoria (log)

Victoria Raschke, aka ms. victoria

Eat Your Heart Out: food memories, recipes, rants and reviews

How about in Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands, where the lead character is stirring and cooking, and her naughty husband comes behind her and grabs her or when he does the same to one of her students.....oh he is so naughty. and she is so sensual.......

marlena

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

We're not talking home movies right?? :wub:

I'd have to agree with Katie Loeb & hathor ... as long as the "Rose Petal Chicken" scene is the one where the young sister strips down and runs out into the rain? Damdest thing, I couldn't tell you what they were eating.

DA