• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant supply houses

pork

I'm dying to get my hands on real tools again. I can't stand the crap they sell at kitchens etc., et al (they went chapter 11 last weekend!)

Most supply houses don't deal with the general public, but I'm sure there is one or two that does in the northern Virginia area.

So, anyone have one? Help an ex-line-dog out and find me a place that will sell me a few standard 1oz steel ladles, a few cast aluminum skillets, and a stack of half-sheets? PLEEEEEEASEE!!!

Thanks!

pork

Thanks Mark! That was definitely just added to my bookmarks. What I'm really looking for is one that I can drive to and browse around in though. It's so much more fun impulse-buying if you don't have to wait. :P

Thanks Mark! That was definitely just added to my bookmarks. What I'm really looking for is one that I can drive to and browse around in though. It's so much more fun impulse-buying if you don't have to wait. :P

Pork,

Look in the Washington Post classifieds under restaurant equipment. There is a company here that buys fixtures from bankrupt restaurants. I forget their name. I think they are in Springfield. Adams Burch used to have a retail store. Also, check out Silver Spoon in College Park, MD. They have a store there.

Mark