• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dubuque Iowa and a can of tomatoes

So oh dear, your plane has had to make an emergency landing in Dubuque, Iowa. You'll be there for a day or so until it's fixed.

And you're hungry. Really hungry. You go to the typical US grocery store to buy some ingredients to whip up a quick dinner in your motel room kitchenette.

Which brand of canned tomatoes do you select? Which do you hope for? Which will you settle for?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

besy case san marzano canned and grown in italy, second choice pomi... parmalat great and available every where, third choice, california grown "italian plum tomatoes" which you may have to doctor up with a pinch of sugar or a teaspoon of wine vinegar to kick up the sweet/acid mb