• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your meal at Babbo

Hey Mario,

So happy you have taken time to answer our questions...And greetings from Portland, Maine.

Recently I sat at the bar at Babbo and you were holding court in the nook at the far end. A patron asked for recommendations and you simply recited the menu with flourishes... ending with an exclamation "Pity the poor man who needs to decide from this menu!"

While I understand your attachment to each and every item on the menu -- and the difficulty of making a suggestion for someone you don't know -- I was left wondering what YOU would choose as your favorite to eat if you were going to sate your palate in house.

So what would you choose at Babbo (even if it is just your whim tonight) from you own menu? Antipasti? Primi? Secondi? Dolci?

Thanks,

Chris

"Democracy is that system of government under which the people…pick out a Coolidge to be head of the State. It is as if a hungry man, set before a banquet prepared by master cooks and covering a table an acre in area, should turn his back upon the feast and stay his stomach by catching and eating flies." H. L. Mencken