• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Mario's Restaurant Rookies"

I really enjoyed the short-lived and wildly funny "Restaurant Rookies" concept. I thought the two characters were quite funny, particularly the guy that challenged you to a pizza contest and wanted to make something with a fruit juice reduction. In all, Restaurant Rookies was quite different from the typical "Food Finds" and "Best Of" programming that bores me to tears.

Is there any chance you would give it another go-around, or was the experience more aggravating than satisfying?

R. Jason Coulston

jason@popcling.com

i never got more hate mail than after the showing of resto rookies and would be less likely to do it again... the public perception was that i was rough on my little puupies and that i mistreated them in the rough and tumble world of the restaurant reality...if they only new mb