• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Italian stereotype and attitude

How hard was it getting the public to accept the non-stereotypical Italian-American cooking at your restaurants?

What would you say is your greatest attribute? Did you ever think cooking would take you this far up the ladder?

Gorganzola, Provolone, Don't even get me started on this microphone.---MCA Beastie Boys

in cooking what i like to cook, i have never felt like i was out to change peoples perception of italian or any other kind of food, i simply make what i like to eat and am lucky that it seems to be what other people like to eat tooo... i have never felt missionary, more just happily cooking and continuing to learn away. sometimes surprised by the reaction to food, but never disheartened

i think my greatest attribute is my optimism and positive outlook on the gift of life and i am not sure where i am on the ladder but am just as happy to be on a rung

mb