• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Moderator Note: topics merged.

If there weren't a lotta lotta other reasons to love you, Mario, and there are, and i'm not even counting the shorts though they are fetching, its the fact that you

put

LARDO on your pizza, and made LARDO SEXY! And made people all over the country suddently saying the world lardo with great affection, and made the word lardo a fashion statement, a destination word, a word of great desire. this in a country that has been fat-o-ohobic for years! i thought the fashionistas would pass out when they first uttered the word, but there they were, munching on your yum lardo pizza at OTTO, muttering the word lardo, lardo, lardo............

Grazie mille!

is there any other food that you are passionate about at this moment that you'd care to share?

marlena

Edited by Rachel Perlow (log)

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

Mario, I've listened and laughed during at your interviews and banter at the Food and Wine show in Aspen, thanks to Lynne Rosetto Kasper's Splendid Table radio show. Two years ago I thought you must be joking when you announced and described "Lardo" (a.k.a. "Prosciutto Bianco") but by golly, last year you got Steve Jenkins to name the perfect wine for it. Are you really marketing this? How do *you* use it?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

lardo is truly delish i love it on pizza, but the best way in the whole world is to go to hostaria giusti in modena and have nano and laura rip you a new lunch and beg them to make gnocco fritto with lardo on it it will change your shining trembling lips forever..

my fave stuff right now is morcilla, a spanish blood saussage that we serve with tripe and ceci at casa mono swoonmaster make me cry!!!! mb