• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dick's

Never been actually.  Anything north of the ship canal might as well be in Bellingham....  :wink:

There's a second Red Mill South of the Ship Canal - in Magnolia. (Now that might as well be Siberia.)

Too true, too true.....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Boy, Bellingham, have any of you ever visited the Archer in Bham? It's a non smoking pub, their food is good, but my god... their beer selection is out of this world. They have these Japanese Hef's that are out of this world. Great atmosphere too, it's in a brick building and you head down a stair case exactly like in "Cheers".

It is THE place for beer (I guess you need something to do if you go to WWU).

"Live every moment as if your hair were on fire" Zen Proverb