• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Wolfgang's/Luger showdown - Anyone interested?

mikeyrad

This sounds like a worthy quest. Count me in for one on Aug 21. I'm rare to medium and definitely will walk the bridge. Possible California conflict, but too soon to tell.

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

Would love to be there on the 21st. Medium-rare, and glad to walk the bridge (and walk off lunch!) unless it's horrible and hot and sticky.

Only question: When is the GOP convention? I think we don't want to bump into that.

The convention is the following week.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

If this happens after mid August, I'm likely to pop up from Philadelphia. Between Pittsburgh and med rare here.

Hey Holly - can I bum a ride? This sounds like too much fun to miss! Atkins friendly and everything!

Medium Rare here if that fits into the screening process... :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

...Atkins friendly and everything!

I found it interesting that Bruni chose the negative cardio-cholesterol angle for his review when he very well could have used the positive Atkins-protein angle spin just as easily. Instead of the headline "Eat Up, but Don't Tell Your Cardiologist", the review could have been entitled "Eat Up - A Low-Carb Feast!"

• 2 weeks later...

I have rezzies for 8, 4, 4, and 4 at Wolfgang's @7:30. Unfortunately, it looks like

Peter Luger may be more difficult. I've got a 10 at 1:30. Unfortunately, it looks like that's all I can get at that time. They do have 11:45 (probably too early) and 2:45 (probably too late). Will try them again later today. If I can't get everyone in, we'll try it some other time.

Edited by mikeyrad (log)

I'm back ... I just couldn't resist this one! I just blocked out the entire day for this event. I live for this kind of stuff!! Magic-marker me in (just me, steakas).

I'll bring the suburban into the City, so I can act as chauffeur for those who need it.

Please update the agenda as the date nears... Seating won't matter to me. I wouldn't even mind sitting at a bar or cocktail table. See you's L8R.

BR,

:S

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Rats! This Saturday 8/21 is DDC Rib Run and I HAVE to go into work that morning for a mandatory meeting. Won't make it to NYC unless the date has changed.

Update someone?

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Sorry to say 8/21 is off the table for me on account of family and work obligations. My schedule won't really open up again for a whole-day event until mid-September.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Personally, I think doing it on 9/11 would be a good way to celebrate life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the positives of American culture. But I understand if others might not want to carouse then.

If we have to reschedule, remember that Sunday, September 12 is the Second Annual eGullet Pig-BBQ and Potluck.

I dunno, NYT: last year it took about 3 days until I could eat again, so the 13th or 14th could be problematic. Then again, it would be fun to try . . . :wink:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...