• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Iron Chef

I personally thought some of the food you made with Sakai in the team battle was incredibly impressive, but what I thought was more impressive was your amazing energy and lets-have-fun-while-turning-out-amazing-food outlook.

Do you feel this "hard work, but have fun doing it" is a motto you live by, or did it just especially shine through during Iron Chef, because the competition didn't really matter? (Not to say it wasn't important, just that it's not like being one point off in the judging lost you customers.)

It seems to me, though, that you carry this attitude with everything you do. Just seeing the look on your face when you get a perfect piece of Parma ham on Mario Eats Italy, is priceless.

(By the way, do you know Fabio Picchi of Cibreo in Firenze? Of all the chef's I've ever had a chance to meet, I saw the most similarity between you two. He came running over to our table in shorts and sandals (all the staff was in perfectly pressed suits, and the kitchen staff in spotless whites) and chided my sister, who was about to eat a piece of proscuitto with a knife and fork.)

Thanks for joining our forum, and I hope to dine at Babbo soon!

--------------------

The Gentleman Gourmand

Andrew Baber

True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me

to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check

If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck

A-T-L, Georgia, what we do for ya?

The Gentleman Gourmand