• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2001 Spadina Nero d'Avola Sicilia

Jean Brislance

2001 Spadina Nero d'Avola Sicilia - I've pretty much been buying every inexpensive Sicilian Nero d'Avola I can get my hands on in my area, and this was next in line to try! Dark red in color. Nose shows a lot of red berry, dark fruit, and herbs. More of the same on the palate, with the addition of some minerals. The tannins are pretty fine, and the finish is of a medium length, showing some real herbal and minerally characteristics toward the end. A relatively simple wine with decent balance. This is nothing profound, but it was an acceptable $10 wine for food, and it went well with my bucatini all'Amatriciana.

All the best,

Jean

I agree with Coop. It's garbage!

In fact, I suggest that if you have any in your cellar, that you send it directly to me immediately for proper disposal. I'll do it for free, out of the kindness of my heart.

I agree with Coop. It's garbage!

In fact, I suggest that if you have any in your cellar, that you send it directly to me immediately for proper disposal. I'll do it for free, out of the kindness of my heart.

LOL! :laugh:

Thanks very much for the kind offer, but I think I will be able to handle the "disposal" all by myself! :biggrin:

All the best,

Jean