• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Factory Refurb KA Mixers

Richard Kilgore

Richard, yes, I have the splash guard and use it. I have one of the older 275 watt mixers that I'll sell when the new one arrives. I guess the gray one is now backordered.

The meat grinder is also nice to have, and is available on eBay. I have an extra one that I'll be listing soon.

Carpe Carp: Seize that fish!

I had heard our local Tim Healea say the same thing andiesenji said that they chew up the new KAs in the bakery but had an old workhorse with the Hobart inerds that lasted forever and his advice was the same to go on e-bay and buy an old one.

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."

Some clarification would be helpful if anyone can provide it. My understanding is that the 5 qt. "Professional" model 350 watt mixers do have the better innerds. The complaints have been about the new 6 qt mixers. Is this correct?

I also noticed on Amazon a new 450 watt version of the 5 qt Professional. Anyone know anything about it...or its innerds?