• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

from time to time I see a nifty cooking tip , on a cooking show, a magazine , the newspaper.

Im after ones that are very very simple, solve a small issue elegantly, and  until you see it, you might never have thought of it yourself.

I think you get the idea.

Ill start with two :  one years old :

on a GreatBritishMenu show, Chef Sat Bains uses his index finger on the top of a knife's blade for extra control.  Brilliant !

and just now :  CI  May/June 16 :  to prevent splatters while deglazing, pour your liquid through one of those fine mesh spatter guards, which you've place on the pan first !

simple things like that.

its possible everyone does these two things, but I never would have thought of them myself.

rotuts

rotuts

from time to time I see a nifty cooking tip , on a cooking show, a magazine , the newspaper.

Im after ones that are very very simple, solve a small issue elegantly, and  until you see it, you might never have thought of it yourself.

I think you get the idea.

Ill start with two :  one years old :

on a GreatBritishMenu show, Chef Sat Bains uses his index finger on the top of a knife's blade for extra control.  Brilliant !

and just now :  CI  May/June 16 :  to prevent splatters while deglazing, pour your liquid through one of those fine mesh spatter guards, which you've place on the pan first !

simple things like that.