• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lille

magnolia

• 3 years later...

Are there any restaurants in Lille that are worth a special stop for? We're traveling from Paris to Bruges by way of Lille and trying to decide if we should spend one night in Lille. Of course, the chance to eat a really amazing meal would help make the decision!

Hi, I was actually the one who asked 2 years ago. So here's what I remember. 2 great meals (dinner and lunch) at Assiete du Marche, the casual, bistro off-shoot of L'Huiterie (same website family). Particularly liked the terrines in glass jars. Their fish-focused more casual restaurant, L'Ecume du Mer was also very good. Tea and cake at Meert. For breakfast, Paul is the same as elsewhere, but this is the mothership, 100 years old and v. attractive inside. Re staying, not to go off-topic, but the Hermitage Gantois is v. distinctive, though the restaurant isn't up to much.

Shira

Paris

lespetitpois.blogspot.com

• 6 months later...

*bump*

My husband and I will be in Lille the Saturday before Easter. (We're going to watch the end of the Paris-Roubaix bike race on Sunday!) My main concern is that we're going to find things closed for the holiday. Will we have trouble finding something to eat? We're cheap travelers, and in most cases we just look for a market/supermarket/deli/bakery where we can buy food.

Thanks,

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2