• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Half Price Happy Hour Menu

I saw a flyer that said Contour on 1st had Happy Hour until 8pm. With a $1.50 food menu and drink specials. Anyone been there?

Maybe we should plan a Happy Hour get together and try to check out some new places!

Yes, I've been there many times. It's not super exciting, but the outdoor seating is nice. As I recall, the drink special is mainly $2 Dos Equis, and maybe a cocktail special of the day(?). I'd be glad to join in on a happy hour gathering, Contour or wherever.

Edited by MsRamsey (log)

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Went to Cascadia for HH last night, how nice! We sat outside and LOVED those Alpine Martini's. they were quite busy and kept running out of martini glasses so our 2nd round wasn't very cold. The serve staff was a bit flustered but nothing too bad. We also had the mini burgers (good, nothing to rave about but who doesn't like mini things??) and the calamari (not as hot as it should have been but the breading was great) and a bucket of fries.....ok 2 buckets of fries! haha!

Great little dinner and fab martinis...will definately be adding this to the list of good HH's in Seattle.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I messed up (my timing).

I was at Troiani Saturday night for a late light supper. Finally looked at the bar menu and Happy Hour offerings. Currently, they are serving M-F, 3pm to 6pm, $5 house martinis, cosmos, and lemon drops --- and all bar bites for $4.00. This is insane. This includes stuff such as octopus salad, burger & fries, mussels (great preparation with fennel, coriander, and orange), gnocchi sandwich, and grilled prawns.

I think this is a must try, once my schedule gets back to something more sane.

I recently checked out the happy hour at 35th Street Bistro, the former Still Life Cafe space in Fremont. (Yes, it's weird to see the Still Life reinvented and upscale.)

The prices are phenomenal. They have about 8 bar items for $1 a piece, including excellent garlicky fries, calamari, salad, a simple pasta tossed with oil, and more. The servings are small, but we made a meal out of 7 or 8 of them. They also keep bringing you complimentary baguette slices with great butter and olives.

Wine and cocktail list is pretty good too. And they have a create your own cheese plate by the ounce.

To boot, it wasn't crowded at all. Definitely a find!

• 3 weeks later...
I messed up (my timing).

I was at Troiani Saturday night for a late light supper. Finally looked at the bar menu and Happy Hour offerings. Currently, they are serving M-F, 3pm to 6pm, $5 house martinis, cosmos, and lemon drops --- and all bar bites for $4.00. This is insane. This includes stuff such as octopus salad, burger & fries, mussels (great preparation with fennel, coriander, and orange), gnocchi sandwich, and grilled prawns. 

I think this is a must try, once my schedule gets back to something more sane.

Girlfriend and I checked out Troiani last night. This may be my new favorite place!! First off valet parking is free at 5pm, yeah! Then the bartender Patrick use to work at Sapphire before it sold and is great at the drinks! We both had the cosmo's which are made with basil and are just the right sweet/tart balance. $5ea!

The $4 plates are amazing!!! We had seared ahi, done just perfectly on a bed of fennel, oranges, basil chiffanade and yummy olive oil. This is GOOD!!!!

Also tried their crab cakes. 2 large cakes with an amazing romensco (sp) sauce. Really nice cakes, tons of crab, on a bed of arugula.

Grilled prawns with salt and paprika. Big fresh tasting prawns with great grill marks. 6 on a plate!

Seriously this is a fantastic deal. Not only that but Rick Troiani came and spoke to us, showed us around the restaurant. It is very nice. I still wonder if the regular menu prices are a bit high but I have to say the food was outstanding!

to top off our already fantstic night the front desk manager gave us 2 tickets to last night's Hairspray as she couldn't get off work. We had 12th row and it was fantastic! ok, back to food.

Go for happy hour! or if you are near the restaurant for lunch I looked and they have really well priced daily lunch dishes.

• 4 months later...

Just got an email from XO Bistro (in the former Cassis space):

Early this month, we have added our Happy Hour menu to our offerings. Relax after work and enjoy all appetizers: Mussels, Goat cheese, tomato tart, Fromages and Charcuterie for $4.75. Drink Specials includes:

Well Liquor $3.50

French Martini, Kir, Kir Royal $2.00 Off

Well Martinis and Manhattans $4.00

House Chardonnay $3.50

House Syrah $3.50

Kronenbourg Beer $2.50

Happy Hour:

Tuesday - Friday 5pm to 7pm

Friday - Saturday 9:30pm to 11pm

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Little Ms Foodie and I went to Nectar in Fremont for happy hour tonight. (412 N 36th). Happy hour is 3 pm - 7 pm.

No cocktail specials but pitchers of beer were $6.00 (I think Bud was $4.00 for a pitcher). We had the Mac & Jacks.

Pizza's were $5.00. I would guess they were about 10 inches. We had the Spicey Mo (or named something to that effect) Pepperoni, pepperoncini, jalepeno and mozzarella. I picked - I can't resist jalapeno and pepperoni - I know, I know, weird, but try it - it's good! :biggrin:

They had about 8 or 9 different pizza topping combos. We thought it had too much sauce, but the crust was thin and crispy and for $5.00 it was pretty darn good.

They have other apps for $3.00 including a decent sized nachos. I don't remember all the other choices but I am pretty sure there was a bruscetta (sp) in there someplace.

The space is quite big with an upstairs that has tables and a view of the main floor. The main floor has a huge big screen tv that was showing a b-ball game when we were in tonight. There is a stage and they have live bands and dj's but fortunately not when we were there tonight!

Not sure if they are trying to be swank, hip, industrial or all three. I looked around but didn't see anyone smoking so maybe it is non-smoking inside but don't quote me on that - I could be wrong. They have space out front with some space heaters so I am thinking springtime would be great for outdoor drinks.

I think that is the full report. Not worth making a special trip for in my opinon, but worth stopping by if you are in the neighborhood and feel like some bar snacks and a beer.

Checked out XO Bistro with some friends last night thanks to the menu SP posted. They didn't change anything (decor) from when it was Cassis.

The bar is very tiny, 6 stools?? we talked the bartender into giving us a table. Had a few kirs (not very good) and switched to the house Syrah (ok). Ordered a mish mash to taste:

mussles- fine

frites- bad, soggy, sent them back

escargot- very good

pate- fine, nothing to get excited about

goat cheese tart- very good

cheese plate- good, a few new finds

creme brulee- ick! no flavor

bread pudding- pretty good

Service was very nice but the food that we had was mediocre at best.

On the way to our cars we poked into the Cellar Bistro and had a glass of vin sante (no stickies at XO!). The owner was super nice and came back after we paid the tab and asked if we all had time for one more 'on him'. They don't have a bar or happy hour but we may be checking the food out here real soon!

On the way to our cars we poked into the Cellar Bistro and had a glass of vin sante (no stickies at XO!). The owner was super nice and came back after we paid the tab and asked if we all had time for one more 'on him'.

These are the things that happen when one is a hot blond. :wink::biggrin:

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.