• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Winteringham Fields

Sent 'em a couple of emails a month or so ago, checking availability for February, and they haven't deigned to reply.

'If you don't want my custom...'

indeed i also asked for chefs new menus by email too and got no response. They do answer the phone though but were again very guarded about questions to do with menus or chef.

I agree with your sentiments though.

btw anyone know if there is any B&B available in walking distance other than at WF, the pub across the road used to but i'm not sure if it is still there?

you don't win friends with salad

• 2 weeks later...
i was told last night that the new chef has left, hopefully it's a silly season tale, being dropped in 'it' at christmas is not pleasant.

The new chef has indeed left. Rumour has it that he was pushed. It's a sad turn of events for one of our culinary gems.

Taste is everything

• 3 weeks later...

Please God not shouty and baldy! :wacko:

More seriously, I'm hoping this is all resolved well. I was circumspect upthread, but an xmas lunch in December (under Pierre Gay) was the first time I've left WF and not talked about a return visit. Any clues as to a new chef that you can give us Ginger chef?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to work with robert last summer, and hes an amazing guy to work with. He strongley believes in pushing th younger chefs through. The owner of winteringham fields, colin has now taken over the kitchen his self with the asssistance off Andrew Foster, one of Germains old head chefs.

well as far as i no colin is head. He is after all a trained chef so maybe he thinks he can get the job done.

If colin gets the star then WHY is andy there,,,, surley andy went there to regain a star for WF and not to be just a sous chef.

Its 10 years since WF gained 2* this guide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WHY IS COLIN DOING THIS TO WINTERINGHAM?????????????????????????????

well as far as i no colin is head. He is after all a trained chef so maybe he thinks he can get the job done.

If colin gets the star then WHY is andy there,,,, surley andy went there to regain a star for WF and not to be just a sous chef.

Its 10 years since WF gained 2* this guide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WHY IS COLIN DOING THIS TO WINTERINGHAM?????????????????????????????

because he spent £1.2m + on it and needs to be in control of the kitchen so he doesn't get left without chefs again?

you don't win friends with salad