• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

THE BEST: Sandwiches in NYC

doppled

I'll add the San Frittata from San Panino on Hudson near Christopher. It is the perfect take on the NY egg sandwich: slices of vegetable frittata on a hard roll with arugula, tomato and black olive paste. The rest of their sandwiches are nice too.

Looking for a bahn mi.. Wanted to revive the thread.. My go to is Vietnam Bahn Mi So 1 on Broome.. Anyone else find anything better? S

Yes. Banh Mi Saigon, on Mott between Hester and Grand, is much more flavorful. Thanks to mascarpone for originally introducing me to the place.

Michael aka "Pan"

• 2 years later...
Looking for a bahn mi.. Wanted to revive the thread.. My go to is Vietnam Bahn Mi So 1 on Broome.. Anyone else find anything better? S

Yes. Banh Mi Saigon, on Mott between Hester and Grand, is much more flavorful. Thanks to mascarpone for originally introducing me to the place.

A&S Pork store for great italian cold sandwiches.

For burgers, I'm going to have to give a slight edge to Corner Bistro over Le Parker Meridien's Burger Joint. Corner Bistro can be a little inconsistent, but of late it's been hits instead of misses.

Mi Floridita, for the best cubanos in Manhattan!

I'll vouch for this recommendation and say they still do make a fine cubano. I lived about a block away from this place for about four years, and it's one of the stops I often make when I'm in the neighborhood.