• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Steak House in Rumson area?

Rosie

Didn't Charlie Browns in Cedar Grove used to be called What's your beef? I know that Charlie Browns is long gone from Cedar Grove but they have other locations. I am thinking this was years ago back in the Beefsteak Charlies (Your going to get spoiled.. at Beefsteak Charlies tonight) era.

We go there fairly regularly since it is between there and Salt Creek Grille to get anything near a decent steak in the area. The steaks are Choice, but very tasty and 90% of the time cooked perfectly. You order by the ounce and the grill man cuts and weighs it in front of you. Pretty good value if you aren't looking for a top notch steak at a top notch price, because that really doesn't exist in the area (it is the one thing I really really miss from North Jersey)

Get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me some pie!!!