• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Redmond & Bellvue

Hello fellow egulleteers, my friends moved to Redmond last year and have yet to find yummy food here. Any and all ethnicities, Chinese, Indian, 'American breakfast', etc, anything! any and all price ranges... I'm visiting from the Bay Area in California and I would love to take them someplace, and give them your recommendations too. thanks for your help.

-cg

And, here is another link to Eastside eats

I have probably started or contributed to at least a dozen Eastside restaurant threads (search under Bellevue, Redmond, Issaquah and Kirkland and then type in my name and it should give you more results)

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Although this hasn't been posted in the "Farewell & Welcome, Restaurants out of biz and starting anew" thread, Il Bacio in Redmond across from Redmond Town Center changed hands about three months ago. The quality of food and service has noticbly dropped and neither the customers nor the previous owners are happy.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Although this hasn't been posted in the "Farewell & Welcome, Restaurants out of biz and starting anew" thread, Il Bacio in Redmond across from Redmond Town Center changed hands about three months ago. The quality of food and service has noticbly dropped and neither the customers nor the previous owners are happy.

Oh man. That's unfortunate. I really liked that place. Thanks so much for the update. Is that place next door still a weird, crazy Greek joint? It's been some time since I've been there (maybe a year?), but that's one of the most fun dining experiences I've had in Redmond. Flaming cheese, dancing Greek waiters and belly dancing are all at the top of my list for fun dining.

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Flaming cheese, dancing Greek waiters and belly dancing...

Damn! I need to get out more often.

:laugh:

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

• 6 months later...

Looking around some, I don't see more than a post for Firenze.

The folks at Firenze are good: the service is good and serious, but mostly the pasta is right on. Seriously... as much as I love all kinds of food, I rarely order pasta in this part of the world if I'm not at Firenze. I order the bolognese off the menu but always ask them to use penne instead -- I should probably be asking for rigatoni, but it's great as penne. Great great great.

I've actually taken a taxi from downtown Seattle (where I live) to Crossroads Mall to have some rigatoni al'Amatriciana (sp? probably) because they seem that good to me (a novice/newbie to Italian food admittedly).