• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kanlaya

It's a Thai place 2 blocks from my apartment, so I walk by everyday - always a few people inside, although never packed. I've never actually eaten there (too much bad Thai has scared me off), but it actually looks pretty good. I saw someone eating out of a halved pineapple once, and the inside decor is pretty funky and modern. A few tables outside so you can breathe all of the car exhaust. I'll try to head over to sometime this week/end and report back.

It's below Burma on 6th St, near Mr Yungs and Chinatown Express (where they make the noodles in the window) - i had lunch there last week - it's more attractive on the inside then one would expect. was in a little bit of a hurry so didn't get to peruse the menu in detail - i just had pad thai. it was good - but nothing spectacular - i'll go back to try out other things on the menu. but my initial thoughts are that if it weren't right by work i don't think i'd make a special trip for it. tcpanda said it was as good as Haad Thai over by metro center but not as good as ThaiTanic.

By the way, whats the deal with that place that makes the noodles in the window. I saw that a while back and was all excited to try it, but it was pretty dissapointing. They were all gummy and had zero flavor. Also, my dining companion got the roast duck noodle soup and her duck was cut in such a weird way that there weren't the usual bones to eat the duck off of, there were small shards of it everywhere which made it near impossible to eat without serious mouthal injury!

It's below Burma on 6th St, near Mr Yungs

Actually, it IS Mr. Yung's. Or it is in the same space is Mr. Yungs.

I've been a few times. It's decent, but not spectacular. My favorite place in C-town is still the place that's next door, Cafe Deli.

I let Jsmeeker tell me where to eat in Vegas.

I've been a few times. It's decent, but not spectacular. My favorite place in C-town is still the place that's next door, Cafe Deli.

Do tell. Is it chinese food there? What do you like about it? I have seen it and never had the desire to find out about it. I am a staunch full kee fan, but live in the area so I need to branch out a bit.