• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Downer Food

Steak, sauted mushrooms and oreo cookies.

Pop in a movie and try to focus on that; eat while your watching (and even cook while your watching) and and won't really realize how much your eating until your done.

It's sort of a force thing at first.

Let's see, how about:

Ben & Jerry's anything, but esp. Cherries Garcia or Mint Chocolate Cookie

Girly movies like Bend it like Beckham or My Big Fat Greek Wedding

if girly movies unavailable then Lord of the Rings #2 or #3 or Matrix #2.

maybe a nice soft tofu dish (Korean restaurant)

or maybe a pizza, or some lasagna

definitely chocolate.

After eating all this junk, maybe I might haul my ass out of bed and go jogging or something. I want to test out johnnyb's exercise-undepression theory

I love cold Dinty Moore beef stew. It is like dog food! And I am like a dog.

--NeroW

Me, I drive to the nearest Asian deli and get a Peking duck with extra white rice...........something about the crispy skin and the succulent fat........I feel better for a few hours, at least! And if I eat it with a foul-mouthed, supportive friend, I feel better for the rest of the day!

We've all been in that hole. I'm sorry about your break-up. Hope you find something here helpful.

I'm a canning clean freak because there's no sorry large enough to cover the, "Oops! I gave you botulism" regrets.

Some kind of Chinese noodle soup, udon soup, or pho. It's not for no reason that the stereotypical budget HK romance flick involves a heartbroken person trying to slurp up noodles in a noodle shop on a rainy day!

The other aspect of this is actually going out to get food. My cooking is often shot to hell when I'm feeling bummed, especially in the Too Much Salt department.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

So, Pickles, what did you decide was unfit advice?

Someone said he/she liked Kraft Mac and Cheese right from the pot...and I read it as right out of the BOX. SO...I said something like "some people like warm and creamy when they're depressed, and you like crunchy and powdery." See why I just left it blank? LOL! :sad: