• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Live Shrimp at MVP Seafood

tissue

I just had a wonderful dinner at MPV last night, ate 2 pounds of jumbo live prawns, great deal at 14/lb, chile dungeness crab, baby bok choy with shitake mushrooms layered on top, shark fin soup, and roasted squab. I think I'm going back next week for those prawns.

MPV, NYC, NBC, ABC, I don't know what they stand for.

Wait just a minute here, tissue .. you wrote about some marvelously succulent and delicious seafood and used the initials MPV and don't know what it means?? :shock: Since you have whetted my appetite, where did you happen to eat these shrimp? Spill! :laugh:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

MPV Seafood on Garfield in Alhambra. It's across the street from Regent Cafe, in between the 10 and Valley Blvd.

If you go specify you want the BIG live shrimp, not the small ones. They have a menu with pictures too, that's for their specialty items. I love menus with pics.