• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Homemade grissini

AlainV

To make homemade grissini tastier, I tried to roll them in sesame seeds while shapping and before final 30 minutes rest on the baking sheet.

However, most of the seeds didn't stick to grissini after baking. :angry:

Any tip to suggest to resolve this problem ?

I have the most sucess brushing them with egg wash and sprinkling the seeds on as soon as I've shaped them. They only take a couple minutes to proof. When I wait until their proofed the pressure of the brush deflates some of my rise unevenly.

Last week I used a wagner power sprayer to egg wash for the first time in my life-I sure do like that tool/toy!

Last week I used a wagner power sprayer to egg wash for the first time in my life-I sure do like that tool/toy!

Jeez, how much stuff do you egg wash?

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

Jeez, how much stuff do you egg wash?

If you thin the egg wash with a bit of water or milk and strain well, you can also use a hand trigger spray bottle for small or occasional jobs. Use a brand new bottle and never use it for anything else, of course.