• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to Take Our Dads

morela

Awh, you guys don't love your Dads! :shock:

So, I'm headed uo to NYC on Tuesday, with Dad...

It's a reception for gallery opening of his

...and it's Restaurant Week up there(and he doesn't know this).

It seems Dads just like to chill on Sundays, you know?

I think Father's Day should be on like a Thursday. Isn't Sunday for rest and sports and nothingness :blink: .

If you think of good breakfast options let me know (in DC that is, but NYC suggestions for Tuesday are welcome too). No fancy shit.

Edited by morela (log)

Oh, but I do! :sad:

I bought him Pittsburgh Steelers golf balls and everything! And on the day to be designated at alternate Father's Day at the beach, I'll let him eat whatever he wants instead of nagging him to be healthy (while I eat bacon).

If that's not love...

If you think of good breakfast options let me know (in DC that is, but NYC suggestions for Tuesday are welcome too). No fancy shit.

no, we're just space cadets, sometimes. our fathers reconciled themselves to this fact years ago. and it's damn good bourbon.*

not sure it's not-fancy, but my absolute favorite weekend brunch in the entire city is the dim sum at Cafe Atlantico. It's empty, so calm; and has way too much food, well-paced, so you drink a little champagne and bask in the sunlight and awe at the pretty food and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk...

*to make up for the bottle I gave him for this birthday and then proceeded to finish with my brother over the next two holidays...

i'm taking my dad to ray's the steaks tomorrow for a belated father's day.

I wanna say something. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back. I want to be on you.