• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

16 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I should've put some pancetta on it, like the once classic at Motorino...

505775072_2009_09_06motorinopizza.thumb.jpg.c4323c87b0968df99359746fb71d0165.jpg

I had that pie a couple of times. Tasty indeed.

But they are smart enough to follow your previous mantra and obscure most of the green of their brussel sprout leaves by charring them …

On a more serious note: I tried to replicate that pizza, but my set-up in HK never really allowed me to char the leaves properly. I talked to the the guys at Motorino Wan Chai and they confirmed that the leaves go on the pizza as is, not preblanched as I would have thought. Maybe a job for the Ooni once it gets warmer.

Duvel

Duvel

Just now, weinoo said:

I should've put some pancetta on it, like the once classic at Motorino...

505775072_2009_09_06motorinopizza.thumb.jpg.c4323c87b0968df99359746fb71d0165.jpg

I had that pie a couple of times. Tasty indeed.

But they are smart enough to follow your previous mantra and obscure most of the green of their brussel sprout leaves by charring them …

On a more serious note: I tried to replicate that pizza, but my set-up in HK never really allowed me to char the leaves properly. I talked to the the guys at Motorino Wan Chai and they confirmed that the leaves go on the pizza as is,  it preblanched as I would have thought. Maybe a job for the Ooni once it gets warmer.