• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best hidden secret in Tenleytown

It's a place hidden on the ground floor of an apartment building, sort of across from the Ruby Tuesday on Wisconsin Avenue. They serve amazing stuffed potatoes and sandwiches. I want to say it's called Frisco or Fresco or some such thing, but I'm not 100% sure. This was the BEST baked potato I've ever had. Just wanted to share - it's also incredibly cheap.

It's called AKA Frisco's...I love this place!

It is only open limited hours, and I have always wondered why it gets so little attention.

The sandwiches are fabulous, as are the stuffed baked potatoes. Did you get a BART??

Also, they serve "exploded baked potatoes" as a side item, which are to die for!

a.k.a. Frisco's

4115 Wisconsin Ave. NW (244-7847), between Van Ness and Upton St. Open M-Th 11am-4pm, F-Sa 11am-3pm.

It opened 10 or 11 years ago, a transplant from San Francisco missed SF and so it has SF themed things like the Bart etc. Very popular w/ local high schoolers and Fannie Mae folks.

Emily Kaiser

www.emilykaiser.com