• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

US News & World Report notices beer!

beergirl

Imagine my surprise while flipping through my mother's copy this afternoon when I caught this article:

Classy Beer

It certainly wasn't a magazine I expected to see such an article in. My only problem with it is the editor's (no doubt) attempt to dumb it down with a slightly condescending headline.

"There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody

We have been doing beer dinners at the brewpub I chef for 5 years now. They are a huge hit. People seem to relate to and identify the flavors of beer and food much more than wine. I would never say it is "dumber" than a wine dinner, just more enjoyable. Garrett Oliver has really paved some great avenues for the advancement of beer in the culinary pallette. Finally someone agrees with me that beer is the proper parter of cheese.

RM

It can match very nicely with chocolate as well... and well oatmeal stout for breakfast - there ya go. Actually you can replace the water in pancakes with beer - just for a change of pace.

Brew-Monkey.com - Your source for brew news, events, reviews, and all things beer.